Serving Searcy and Van Buren counties
What children experience in their first few years of life makes a big difference in how their brain will develop and how they will interact with the world as they grow.
Healthy Families Arkansas™ – Ozark Mountains (HFA-Ozark Mountains) is a home visiting program accredited through Healthy Families America (HFA) that aims to strengthen families. This program gives pregnant women and families, particularly those considered high risk, necessary resources and skills to raise children who are healthy and ready to learn.
How We Support Families:
Come see you in the convenience of your home
- Offer confidential, one-on-one support
- Listen to you and what you have to say
- Answer questions and share information about pregnancy, newborn care, child development, and other parenting topics
- Offer child development assessments and other screenings
- Connect you with resources in your community
- Work with you on the goals you’ve set for yourself and your family
- Transition children to HIPPY, Headstart, or preschool when they turn 3
- Help you get diapers, wipes, books, toys, clothes, and other baby items
- Provide breastfeeding support, safe sleep information, and car seat safety checks
Am I Eligible? How Can I Sign Up?
HFA-Ozark Mountains is open to pregnant women or any family with a baby younger than 3 months old (including grandparents, other guardians, or dads). Once enrolled, services can continue until your child turns 3 years old.
The program is designed to serve families facing a wide range of challenges so you can have the support you need. Eligibility is determined based on your family’s unique challenges.
If you are interested in enrolling, you can call or text 870-448-6488 or send a Facebook message to @hfaozarkmountains. We’ll talk to you about your family and ask a few questions to make sure you are eligible.
This program began in 2007 as Young Moms Healthy Families. Over the years, the goal of the program widened and the name was changed to Healthy Families Arkansas- Ozark Mountains to reflect that.
HFA-Ozark Mountains has three professionally trained staff members – Brandi Grillot, Alex Churches Ragland, and Melissa Smyth- who provide support for the families of Van Buren and Searcy counties.
Healthy Families America – https://www.healthyfamiliesamerica.org/
Arkansas Home Visiting Network – http://www.arhomevisiting.org/
Child Safety Information – https://www.safekids.org
Texts to Keep You and Baby Healthy – https://www.text4baby.org/
Child Development and Parenting – https://www.zerotothree.org